Dynamic Fabrication is your source for welding exotic materials like monel. DFI is certified to weld all metals. We apply guarantee superior workmanship and quick turn-around. The registered trademark name, Monel, is applied as the prefix name to several corrosion resistant alloys produced by Special Metals Corporation.
Monel Metal Welding Overview
Monel alloys are nickel-based and exhibit traits that include high resistance to atmospheric corrosion, salt water, and various acid and alkaline solutions. Alloys of identical chemical and mechanical properties are available from other manufacturers and offer excellent alternatives to the various Monel® brand alloys. The corrosion-resistant alloy is widely used in the marine, oil and chemical processing industries.
What are the Characteristics of Monel Welding?
- Good resistance to acids such as hydrofluoric and sulfuric acid
- Highly resistant to alkalis
- Highly corrosion resistant
- Stronger than steel
In what Applications are Monel alloys used?
- Pump shafts, oil-well tools, instruments, doctor blades and scrapers, springs, valve trim, fasteners, marine propeller shafts
- Marine components
- Chemical and hydrocarbon processing equipment
- Valves, pumps, shafts, fittings, heat exchangers